Give your gut a tasty treat AND a some healing love with these lemon cherry gummies. They're simple to make, full of gut healing collagen and great for kids too!
- Small saucepan
- Gummy molds or small dish
- 1 cup tart frozen cherries (no sugar added)
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup filtered water
- 1/4 cup grass-fed gelatin (I use this)
- 2 tablespoons of raw honey
- Combine cherries, lemon juice and water in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add cherry mixture to a small saucepan and turn on medium-low heat.
- Add honey and then slowly sprinkle gelatin into the gummy mixture.
- Whisk thoroughly for 5-10 minutes over a medium-low heat, do not let it come to a boil.
- When it's done, it will form a slightly thicker consistency, but don't be concerned if it doesn't seem as thick as you expect it to be. From here you can either pour your sauce into gummy molds or into a small dish to be cut into squares later.
- Place in the fridge for at least an hour to fully set but enjoy shortly after that!
*Store gummies in the fridge, they should keep for about a week or so. They can be transported at room temperature for a few hours but they will lose form and get softer as they get warmer.