- Glass baking dish
- Chicken or turkey (Choose from legs, thighs, drumsticks, wings, or skin-on breasts)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil or ghee
- 1/4 bone broth (optional)
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon sage powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 Tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
Preheat oven to 375
- Place your desired cut of chicken or turkey in your baking dish, skin side up.
- Pour your apple cider vinegar and bone broth (and/or additional ingredients coconut aminos and maple syrup) over the poultry and add your coconut oil or ghee to the dish.
- In a seperate small bowl, mix together your spices and sea salt.
- Sprinkle your mixture evenly over the poultry.
- Place in the oven and bake on the middle rack for about 45-60 minutes, basting a couple of times throughout the cooking process. (If you do not have a baster, I suggest flipping each piece about 20 minutes after its been in and then again 20 minutes after that. I've done this many times while baster-less and it still comes out amazing!)
- Depending on how thick your cut of poultry is, it may take shorter or longer. Poultry should have an internal temperature of about 165, so if you have a meat thermometer handy, insert it into the thickest part of the meat, away from the bone to get an accurate reading.
You could easily make this a one-dish meal by adding some veggies to roast alongside the meat. I've tried cauliflower, broccoli, beets, carrots and Brussels sprouts before and have never been disappointed!