Meatballs are one of my favorite quick foods to batch cook for meals or snacks throughout the week. You can easily reheat them in bone broth, slice them up over a salad, pair with other prepped veggies or just eat plain as a snack, yum!
- Baking sheet
- Mixing bowl
- Parchment paper (optional)
- 1 lb grass-fed ground beef
- 1 lb pastured ground pork
- 2 small-medium shallots finely diced
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, finely diced or put through a garlic press
- 1 pasture raised egg
- 2 tablespoons of almond flour (Optional. Omit for AIP)
- 1-2 tsp fresh ground fennel seed (Omit for AIP)
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375 and get your baking sheet ready. If you're using parchment paper, line your baking sheet with this now.
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and prepare to get down and dirty!
- I like to remove all my rings, wash my hands well and combine all ingredients by hand. If you have rubber gloves on hand and prefer to wear those, go right ahead.
- Once everything is well incorporated, start to form your meatballs. Pack them tightly between your hands and roll them around your palms to make them more even. You can make them any size you'd like but I usually go with a medium to larger size.
- Place meatballs on your baking sheet, leaving a half inch to an inch of space between each.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until is cooked through. Enjoy!