- Baking pan or baking dish
- Frying pan
- Cutting board
- Hand juicer (optional)
- 1 spaghetti squash
- Italian Seasoning
- 1-2 shallots, diced
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, diced
- Juice of half a lemon (if you don't have a juicer, slice lemon into wedges and squeeze juice into pan that way)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon ghee or butter
- 1/2 lb shrimp, thawed if previously frozen and deveined/detailed
- Shiittake mushrooms
- Brussels sprouts
- Diced spinach
- Fresh basil
Makes 2-4 servings
Pre-heat oven to 375
- Cut spaghetti squash in half and spoon out the seeds.
- Place in your baking dish or pan, inside up, brush with a little bit of ghee, butter or coconut oil and sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
- Bake for about an hour at 375. Remove from oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes before scraping out your spaghetti. (You can also microwave spaghetti squash to cook it a lot faster. Check out Nom Nom Paleo for detailed instructions on how to do this.)
- Add coconut oil and diced shallots to your frying pan and sauté on a medium heat for about 5-7 minutes.
- Add diced garlic to shallots and saute for another 3 minutes. If your adding vegetables to your scampi (or just doing a vegetable scampi) add them at this stage.
- Next add your butter, lemon juice and shrimp. (Sometimes I chop my shrimp so it's in bite sized pieces.)
- Saute for about 5 minutes until shrimp are cooked through and then add your "spaghetti".
- Mix everything together thoroughly and allow to cook a few minutes longer, so all of the flavors really soak into the "spaghetti".
- Top with fresh basil (optional) and dig in!