- Sharp knife
- Cutting board
- 13 x 9 baking dish
- 3 medium parsnips
- 3 small-medium beets
- 4-5 carrots
- 1/2 tablespoon sage powder
- 1-2 teaspoons ginger powder
- Couple sprigs of fresh rosemary or 1/2 tablespoon rosemary powder
- 1-2 teaspoons of sea salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil or ghee
- Add diced pecans, walnuts or almonds
Makes 4-6 servings
Pre-heat oven to 375
- Begin by washing your parsnips, beets and carrots. If you're buying non-local or conventional veggies, wash your produce very well and peel before using. If you're growing your own or buying locally, I would just rinse them. It's totally up to you if you choose to peel them or not.
- First cut the ends off of your parsnips and carrots. Then cut them in half. They should still be whole, just shorter in length now to make dicing easier.
- Next slice your veggies in half lengthwise down the middle and then again, lengthwise, so you're left with what looks like parsnip "sticks". (If you wanted to roast them like this you totally could. I just prefer them diced in smaller bite sized chunks.)
- I then like to line up 3-4 "sticks" at a time and dice them 1/4 - 1/2 inch thick. Place all of your diced carrots and parsnips in your baking dish.
- Now its time for the beets. Slice the ends off of your beets to begin.
- Cut your beet into 1/2 inch thick slices and then cut into beet "sticks".
- Once you have your beet "sticks", dice into chunks of your desired size. Place beets in your baking dish with carrots and parsnips.
- Sprinkle herbs and sea salt over the veggies and mix thoroughly. Place your coconut oil or ghee on top of veggies and place in the oven.
- After the coconut oil or ghee has had time to melt (usually a couple of minutes), I give the veggies another thorough stir to ensure the oil is distributed evenly.
- Cover with tin foil and roast for about 45 minutes, stirring a couple times throughout. I like to take the tin foil off for the last 10-15 minutes so the veggies crisp up just a little bit before finishing. Remove from oven and enjoy!