- Baking sheet
- Mixing Bowl
- Small pot to melt fat if necessary
- 1-2 green plantains (depending on how many servings you want, I'd say one plantain makes about 20 chips)
- 2-3 Tablespoons melted coconut oil or animal fat (bacon, duck, beef tallow)
- 1-2 tsp of garlic granules (garlic powder)
- Sea salt
- Ground Cayenne pepper
- Ground Sage
- Ground Rosemary
- Onion Powder
Makes 2-4 servings
Preheat oven to 375
- Peel your green plantain and slice into pieces about 1/8th of an inch or thinner. (If you've never peeled a plantain before, check out this quick video to see how it's done.)
- Toss sliced plantains in melted coconut oil (and any additional seasonings, such as garlic powder,rosemary, etc) and then lay flat on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and then place in the oven.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes, until chips look golden brown.
- Serve with guacamole, salsa, hummus or any other yummy dips you can dream up, enjoy!