- Small mixing bowl
- Can opener
- 1 can (13.5 fl oz) full-fat coconut milk - room temperature
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of maple syrup (optional)
- Pour the coconut milk into your small mixing bowl, making sure to get all of the coconut fat from inside the can.
- Add cinnamon, vanilla and maple syrup, if choosing to sweeten slightly, and slowly whisk together all ingredients until the solid fat of the coconut milk is well incorporated into the rest of the liquid.
- Transfer to a glass jar or container and store in the fridge for a couple hours before using. (very important step!!)
- After it has completely it has become completely cold, the coconut mixture will resemble "whipped cream" in consistency and can be used for a dessert topping.
Tip: my favorite use for this is mixed with apple sauce or partially thawed frozen fruit and then topped with shredded coconut, nuts or seeds!