This is one of my favorite dressings to make and have in the fridge for anytime use. I use it on salads, for vegetable dip, on wings, etc. Whatever you can think to use a ranch dressing on! (which, let's face it, can be pretty much anything 😉)
- 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk ( I use the canned full-fat coconut milk and whisk together the coconut cream/water and then use a half cup of that mixture)
- 1/2 cup of homemade or avocado mayo - I use Sir Kensington’s brand but I’ve been seeing other brands use avocado oil as well!
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed or finely diced
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of dried or fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon of Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1-2 pinches of sea salt or to taste preference
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl or jar that you’ll use to store the dressing.
- Stir until well combined and that’s it!
- Store in the fridge - it will also thicken once it has sat in the fridge for a couple hours.
I like my ranch really garlicky, the fresh cloves of garlic definitely give it an extra kick. If you’re not as big of a fan of garlic you can go a little easier or even just use the garlic powder instead, for a milder flavor.
If you’ve never bought canned, full-fat coconut milk you may be confused on what I’m talking about. When you open the can, you’ll see that the coconut cream has separated from the water and will be on top. Scoop the cream out into a medium sized bowl and then pour the water in after that. I use a whisk to thoroughly incorporate the water with the cream. That’s it! You can save the left over coconut cream mixture in a small jar, stored in the fridge and use as a “whip cream” for desserts if you’d like or save it to make more Ranch later on!